Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 12:44:40 +0000 (GMT)

Brad Whitlock

> We use server-side includes to accomplish that, and that *is* visible to all
> browsers.  Does the web server you're using support server-side-includes?

Server side includes tend to make pages uncachable, and are not available
to users of cheaper accounts.  The last updated date is available in the
HTTP headers, so an easier way of accessing the information in the browser
is what is really needed, if this really is a priority for significant
numbers of users.
;
;