Re: LYNX-DEV Fote's lynx2-6mods.zip is NOT the "development code" set!

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Fote's lynx2-6mods.zip is NOT the "development code" set!
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 01:37:03 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       Note also that Klaus's DIRED patch can be removed from
> Subir's patches section, since they're in the Composite now.

DOH!  I meant to ask Subir to do that when I posted the message that the
archive was up, and then I forgot to post the message, and then when I
did, I forgot to ask!  Man, I am so forgetful I just keep forgetting what
I was going to... :)

> Perhaps Klaus might want to post a separate patch with just
> the LYMain.c code for setting the Lynx version string via an
> environment variable, since, for reasons explained previously,
> that can't be included in the official or semi-official
> distributions, but people may want to add it as a site-specific
> mod.

Do you forsee any chance of the string changing to something like Tom
posted the other day "Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; X11; Lynx 2.6)" or
something similar?  I didn't like the X11 part, but I guess that's the
closest recognizable thing to unix.  MSIE up through 3.01 is identifying
itself in this way, but I have had entries in my log of "Microsoft
Internet Explorer/4.40.308 (Windows 95)". hmmm...