Re: LYNX-DEV Long lines in HTML source, images without ALT

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Long lines in HTML source, images without ALT
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 06:24:19 -0800

> From address@hidden Sat Nov 16 14:54:49 1996
> Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 17:21:41 -0500 (EST)
> From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Long lines in HTML source, images without ALT
> ...  The
> only reason for rendering text/plain at all in Lynx, rather
> than using a sophistocated plain text file viewer as a helper
> app in the first place, is to be able to invoke the 'p'rint
> menu for printing, mailing, etc. the file based on the site's

Another reason for ascii-only: I like to take PARTS of what I see
on the screen, via blackening-via-mouse on my LOCAL terminal/computer
(I use internet via phone to a supplier), and then easy-paste it
into an emacs-window/buffer (merely by doing a "yank" in
emacs).

If it was fancy typeset, I couldn't do that, and still
have ascii stuff put into emacs, for later writing-to-file
and then EGREPPING that file.

So that's ANOTHER reason to keep lynx 100% text-only.

======

Did you see my suggestion on FRENCH ACCENTS for lynx (via using
simple UPPERCASE if the letter had an accent of either of the
two types, etc)?

Please -- what did you THINK of it?  If you WANt such a feature,
or a DIFFERENT feature for it, you have to SAY something --
else will be thought "no one wants it", and that's that.

;
;