LYNX-DEV pardon my french

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV pardon my french
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 14:33:52 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, David Combs wrote:

> Did you see my suggestion on FRENCH ACCENTS for lynx (via using
> simple UPPERCASE if the letter had an accent of either of the
> two types, etc)?
>
> Please -- what did you THINK of it?

Since you are asking...
You show NO signs whatsoever of having tried to find out what Lynx
already DOES to show foreign characters in a 7bit environment.

RTFM.

> If you WANt such a feature,
> or a DIFFERENT feature for it, you have to SAY something --
> else will be thought "no one wants it", and that's that.

It is probably a matter of politeness that nobody told you what
they thing about your "suggestion".  Especially on the part of any
French speaking readers of this list, whose language you propose to
garble in such an atrocious way.

Oh, and RTFM.

   Klaus

;