Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 16:21:11 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:
>I'm having problems downloading files from my Email account to my terminal
>if you could help me configure my school's lynx setup to download straight
>to my erminal, that would be most helpful.  We are using a VAX email system
>and we can download files right in our account.  I have my own computer
>in my room and would like to know if I could configure my lynx setup to
>download the files to my terminal intead of my account.  Thank you.

        You do an  EXTRACT/NOHEADER filename  from MAIL do disk, using
a suffix depending on whether the message body is plain text or HTML.
If it's a binary file that was mailed as foreign, then you instead
use EXTRACT/FOREIGN.  Then exit or spawn to DCL from MAIL.

        You must have a downloader compatible with your terminal's
software installed in the Lynx 'd'ownload menu, as explained in the
Lynx configuration file (lynx.cfg).  You then do:  lynx filename
If it's a binary file (with a suffix known to be binary, e.g. .exe)
Lynx will come up with the 'd'ownlad menu.  If it's a text or HTML
file, Lynx will display it.  You then go to the History Page, and
use the 'd'ownload command there.

                                Fote