Re: LYNX-DEV searching in lists

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV searching in lists
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 19:33:31 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal)) wrote:
>Ok, you mentioned that you didn't feel like an option to change <SELECT> to
>radiobuttons or checkboxes (which one would depend on the existance of
><MULTIPLE> right) was too bad of an idea with respect to standards, let me
>ask you (as someone VERY knowlegeble of the code) if you think I, as an
>experienced C programmer, but one who hasn't hacked lynx at all, has any
>chance of figuring it out and doing it right. If not, I'll stick to my
>FAQ gathering and try to figure more about how lynx works, but if so, I'll
>have a go at the code and see what I can do. No promises, but maybe I'll
>be able to figure it out and change to tha catagory of "people with limited
>experience hacking lynx".

        It very messy form-handling code, so I just went ahead and did
it here today:

11-20-96
* Added a NO_SELECT_POPUPS compilation (userdefs.h) and configuration
  (lynx.cfg) definition, normally set FALSE.  If set TRUE, single-choice
  SELECT blocks (i.e., ones without the MULTIPLE attribute) will be handled
  as as list of radio buttons instead of via a popup window.  Also added a
  -popup command line switch for toggling the compilation or configuration
  setting. - FM

        I also updated lynx.man, lynx.hlp and Lynx_users_guide.html
for those mods.

                                Fote