Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 10:00:18 -0500 (EST)

Ok, folks. I'm using a native cc compiler on UnixWare 2.03. With Larry
Virden's help, we overcame most of the errors I have received during
compilation. In order to get where I am now, I had to edit the primary
Makefile to the following:

     cd src; $(MAKE) all CC="cc" MCFLAGS="-O -DFANCY_CURSES -DUNIX \
             -I.. -I/usr/include -I../$(WWWINC) \
             -DUTMPX_FOR_UMTP -DSVR4 -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 \
             -DNO_COPY -DUNIXWARE $(SITE_DEFS)" \
              LIBS=" -lcurses -lsocket -lnsl \
             $(WAISLIB) $(SOCKLIB) $(SITE_LIBS)" \
             WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/svr4/libwww.a"

After editing the Makefile this way, this is what came back after I ran
the `make unixware' command:

Linking and creating Lynx executable
        cc -O -DFANCY_CURSES -DUNIX     -I.. -I/usr/include
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation                 -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DSVR4
-DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0  -DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP
-DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PER
MIT   -I..  -o lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o LYEdit.o LYStrings.o  LYMail.o
HTAlert.o GridText.o LYGetFile.o  LYMain.o LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o
LYUtils.o  LYOptions.o LYReadCFG.o LYSearch.o LYHistory.o  LYForms.o LYPrint.o
LYrcFile.o LYDownload
.o LYNews.o LYKeymap.o  HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o
LYUpload.o  LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o
LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o LYMap.o ../WWW/Library/svr4/libwww.a
-lcurses -lsocket -lnsl

noecho                              LYCurses.o
echo                                LYCurses.o
w32attroff                          LYClean.o
tputs                               /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(endwin.o)
w32addch                            LYStrings.o
tgetnum                             /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(cr_tty.o)
tgoto                               /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(cr_tty.o)
box32                               LYForms.o
tgetent                             /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(cr_tty.o)
getcurx                             LYStrings.o
getcury                             LYStrings.o
initscr32                           LYCurses.o
keypad                              LYCurses.o
scrollok                            LYMail.o
tgetflag                            /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(cr_tty.o)
tgetstr                             /usr/ucblib/libcurses.a(cr_tty.o)
clearok                             GridText.o
cbreak                              LYCurses.o
w32attrset                          GridText.o
UX:ld: ERROR: lynx: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written
to lynx
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.
$

I have also tried the "-ltermcap" in between the "-lcurses" and
"-lsocket" listings in the Makefile and the same as above occurs.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what needs to be done or fixed next?

Thanks in advance! =)

** Jason Sizemore "Psycho Sy" **
Http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/9480
E-mail: address@hidden OR address@hidden

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

;
;