Re: LYNX-DEV thanks to fote and a question for hiram re patches

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV thanks to fote and a question for hiram re patches
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:45:37 -0500 (EST)

"Hiram Lester, Jr." <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, gregory j. rosmaita wrote:
>
>> hiram, will you be integrating the select-option popup-to-radiobutton and
>> multipart/form-data handling patches contained in fote's 21 november
>> lynx2-6mods zipfile into your composite patch file?  according to the
>> documentation at the composite patch site, the last update to your mods
>> file was made on 11-15-96...
>
>Yes, I stated this in the personal reply to you earlier, but we've been
>having network problems, and some lynx-dev mail from the 15-17 or so that
>I never got is just now appearing (strange), and even if you DID get my
>message, it may not have been clear... :)
>
>Anyway, I will hopefully get a chance to look over the mods and get them
>into the composite patch set this weekend.  I'll post a notice when it
>gets done.

        Note that I also added the stuff for better navigation and for
searching with SELECT popup windows:

11-22-96
* Added support for WHEREIS ('/') and 'n'ext searches within SELECT popups.
  The buffering for 'n'ext is separate from that in the main loop (i.e.,
  for non-form field document searches), but all previously entered search
  strings are still combined into a circular buffer and can be accessed via
  the up-arrow or down-arrow keys at the prompt for a search string.  The
  searches within popup menus do not yield highlighting of the search string,
  but simply positioning of the cursor on successive options which contain
  the search string. - FM
* Added support for all of the navigation commands within SELECT popup
  windows, including HOME, END, UP_TWO, DOWN_TWO, UP_HALF and DOWN_HALF,
  in addition to the single line and paging navigation commands. - FM
* Added support for the REFRESH command within SELECT popup windows. - FM
* Tweak of hookless snews handling. - FM
11-21-96
* Added handling of forms with ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data".  Note that
  we still don't support INPUTs with TYPE="file" or TYPE="range", and
  thus still set the DISABLED attribute for all fields in the form if
  either of those two TYPEs are present in it. - FM
* Tweak of -mime_header handling. - FM
* Typo fixes of comments in HTML.c. - Albert S Woodhull
  (address@hidden)
11-20-96
* Added a NO_SELECT_POPUPS compilation (userdefs.h) and configuration
  (lynx.cfg) definition, normally set FALSE.  If set TRUE, single-choice
  SELECT blocks (i.e., ones without the MULTIPLE attribute) will be handled
  as a list of radio buttons instead of via a popup window.  Also added a
  -popup command line switch for toggling the compilation or configuration
  setting. - FM

                                Fote