Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 03:03:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Thanh Ma wrote:

> > Thanh,
> >
> >  My compiler is aliased at /usr/ucb/cc. Can you be more specific on how
>
> Just try to use /usr/bin/cc and it should link to the the right curses lib.
> ie. no changes need to be made to the original Makefile.
>
> You can force the compiler to link to mylib by specifying -L/dir/lib -lmylib
>
> I am sorry but who the h*ll set up your UW system ?

> Thanh

 I am a newbie on UnixWare and compiling files. I've only been using Unix
for a month and I was completely lost until 2 weeks ago when I bought a
"Unix for Dummies" book ( $20 well spent ).

My computer is a "dumb" terminal and the UnixWare system is provided to me
free of charge from "sleepy.giant.net". Suman is the person who processed
my account with them. I telnet to "sleepy.giant.net" to work with
UnixWare and my own Lynx 2.6 files stored there.

If I came across as a person who knows what they are doing, I apologize
for not being clear. I really don't have the foggiest on what I'm doing
and Larry Virden's help got me this far.

I can't wait for the GIANT.NET administrators to upgrade to Lynx 2.6 since
the version they have now is very outdated and does not work well at all
so I took the liberty to try it myself.

If I can get Lynx2.6 going with no problems, I will then focus attention
on pre-compiling Lynx 2.6 just like mine and then send it to the
GIANT.NET administrators so they could have it installed system wide for
other users on GIANT.

This is a learning process, and quite frankly, I can see why some
SysAdm's frown upon upgrading. It takes a lot of time and patience which
detracts them from their other duties.

Once again, I apologize for coming across as someone familiar with the
environment. Truth is it's all new to me.

Sincerely,
Jason Sizemore

;
;