LYNX-DEV Further News from me.

From: Rob Partington
Subject: LYNX-DEV Further News from me.
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 12:58:33 +0000 (GMT)

Ok, other stuff.  I've got a table driven SGML-alike extension to the
Lynx parser working in perl as proof-of-concept.  Basically it just
extends the parser so that something like

for stylesheet support which I'm also working on.  The class
attribute should now be carried through on all the elements, but my
style code doesn't do anything with it yet.  I'm hoping that within
a week or two something like

STYLE:li.red:normal:red

will work - inheritance is still a problem so something like

STYLE:ol.red:normal:green:blue
STYLE:li:normal:yellow

may not necessarily put the li in yellow on blue.  It also probably won't
consider the li to be part of the class `red' which afaik it should do.
But I'm working on it.  :-/

I've now got a `sabbatical' at work so that one afternoon per week I'm free
to work on Lynx and Lynx alone.  Hopefully I can get the new updated
distribution on lynx.browser.org before the end of this week.

Other than that, I'll be commenting the code and just trying to plough through
and figure out what it all does...  :-

Rob Partington

--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden