Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ and lynx manual

From: Joe Kincaid
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ and lynx manual
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 09:11:22 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Scott McGee wrote:

> I have a very preliminary version of your outline in HTML at
>
>     http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/lynxfaq.html

Great! I'll fill in some details and send you pages as they are done.

> It has a LOT of work to be done yet, and of course, it doesn't have anything
> beyond your text and my HTML markup (IE, no real answers yet)

Yes, but now that the question tree is started, it will be easier to bite
off a small piece to work on. Others on the list should feel free to grab
a subtree if they want. There are many questions already up there that I
don't know the answer to!

> to see what you (and the list - I am Cc:'ing this to the whole list) thought
> of the look so far. I am designing it to look good both in Lynx and Netscape.
> It doesn't validate correctly because of the use of <TAB> but that is what
> makes it work right on lynx so I prefer to leave it that way. (Anyone want
> to write a Lynx DTD that includes the <TAB> tag as used here and other places
> as well as other lynxisms?)

Now that my mind is in "FAQ mode" I read this paragraph and thought
"validate", "<TAB>", "DTD", "lynxism"......add to glossary......add
to HTML subsection...

:-)

Joe
-------
Joseph Kincaid                 |  Mathematics is the alphabet with which God
address@hidden   |  has written the universe. -- Galileo
KSU - Mathematics Department   |   (except he said it in Italian, of course.)

;
;