Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ and lynx manual

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ and lynx manual
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 12:40:07 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Scott McGee (Personal) wrote:

:It has a LOT of work to be done yet, and of course, it doesn't have anything
:beyond your text and my HTML markup (IE, no real answers yet) but I wanted
:to see what you (and the list - I am Cc:'ing this to the whole list) thought
:of the look so far. I am designing it to look good both in Lynx and Netscape.
:It doesn't validate correctly because of the use of <TAB> but that is what
:makes it work right on lynx so I prefer to leave it that way. (Anyone want
:to write a Lynx DTD that includes the <TAB> tag as used here and other places
:as well as other lynxisms?)

Peter Flynn's HTMLPro DTD doesn't have all the markup Lynx recognizes, but
it does have most.  ver. 0.9 is the latest release.  More information on
HTMLPro can be found at:

http://www.ucc.ie/doc/www/html/dtds/htmlpro.html

PS.  I'm going otoadd a link to that page from the Lynx links top page.

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.

;
;