LYNX-DEV Windows ports (was Re: lynx win3.1)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV Windows ports (was Re: lynx win3.1)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 16:26:21 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, Paulo JS Rodrigues wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Master of Puppets wrote:
>
> > Any chance I'll see a Lynx for Window (3.1x/95) ?
>
> I don't know about others trying that.  I managed to compile lynx2.6 to
> win32 a week ago and the exe file is about 1MB! It still does nothing
                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> usefull, and since I don't have much time, I don't know if it will ever
  ^^^^^^^
> do... Maybe on the next holidays :)

I don't understand what is meant by that.  Does it crash, or did you
have to take all useful function out in order to have it compiled? :)

> I had to use some functions of Win32, so I don't see a straight way to
> have it working on win3.1/3.11...

I found a hint that another person has successfully compiled Lynx
(version 2.5) for Win32, with the gnu-win32 tools.  The address is
given on <URL: http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/ported.html>,
maybe somebody wants to contact that person and ask for more details.

Some other links relevant to this topic are available from Subir's
"Platforms Lynx will run on" page at

   Klaus

;
;