LYNX-DEV Loosing underline

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Loosing underline
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 20:03:45 -0500 (EST)

It looks to me like there is a bug in HTML.c.  The following drops the
underlining when it hits the link:

The reason seems to be that although there is code in HTML_end_element to
check for an underline restart, it is an impossible case:

if (Underline_Level > 0 && B_inUnderline == FALSE) {
    HText_appendCharacter(me->text,LY_UNDERLINE_START_CHAR);
    B_inUnderline = TRUE;
}

The HTML_A in HTML_start_element doesn't set B_inUnderline to FALSE when
it turns on bold for the link.  I would have to guess that we meant to
do so since the above code will set B_inUnderline to TRUE if the condition
is satisfied.

Wayne

;
;