LYNX-DEV Composite patch set with Rob's Color-style patches...ouch.

From: Audin Malmin
Subject: LYNX-DEV Composite patch set with Rob's Color-style patches...ouch.
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:11:19 -0800 (PST)

Arrgh...  Yesterday I tried to compile a composite lynx with both the
Composite patch set and Rob's Color-style patches...  So I grabbed a copy
of lynx2-6, unzipped the composite patch set over the top of it, and aplied
robs color patches to it...  The patches applied allright, (according to
patch, anyway), however, the code that was generated was not at all correct...
I played with it for about two hours trying to clean it up enough to where
it would compile, but it's beyond my abilities...

The problem that stopped me (i suspect there are more though) was in GridText:

 Syntax Error on line 215:

 HText *        HText_new (anchor)              HTParentAnchor * anchor;
 Syntax Error line 216:
{
^

However, line 215 gets replaced by a few macros...None of which I understand...

        So, is there any chance of getting a color-styles patch against a newer
version of the composite set?