LYNX-DEV Forms and mailto

From: Lise Andreasen
Subject: LYNX-DEV Forms and mailto
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:25:02 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

Found this at http://lynx.cc.ukans.edu/lynx-dev/9512/0253.html

> Re: mailto: form not supported?
>
> Foteos Macrides (address@hidden)
> Thu, 21 Dec 1995 19:53:55 -0500 (EST)
<snip>
> there are sites which provide ~user
> service but not script service, and the mailto ACTION allows people at
> such sites to include forms in their personal pages for structuring
> messages instead having to rely on "free form" mailto anchors for getting
> messages.  There are now freeware scripts for detecting, extracting, and
> decoding form content in mail folders, so it's not too horrible an
> incovenience for such users.

First mail to this list. I'm not a lynx developer. I don't even use lynx!
I do work with internet as a developer though.

My question is: Do any of you know where I can find these "freeware
scripts" mentioned above? I'd rather use (and promote) some written by
other people, because I think security is as much an issue here as with
CGI. Security is hard to deal with the right way.

Reading what you guys are talking about right now (patches, and other
very lynx specific things) this seems awfully off topic. If this is not
the right forum for this question, please point me in the right
direction. Thanks in advance.

                                        Lise