LYNX-DEV Options screen layout

From: Joe Kincaid
Subject: LYNX-DEV Options screen layout
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 08:46:39 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

   Someone posted an excerpt from the new options screen layout that I
deleted from my mailbox only to have an idea about it. The message hasn't
been archived yet, so I can't include it here now. :-)

   Anyway, the idea came to me when writing the "vi/emacs" keys section of
the FAQ. Instead of having a toggle for vi-keys and one for emacs-keys,
couldn't you have it controlled the same way the char set is controlled?
I.e. Have a "key mode" option and the space bar cycles from "Standard" to
"vi keys on" to "emacs keys on" to "vi and emacs keys on". <!-- Does
anyone ever use both together? -->

   Depending on user wants, the current keystrokes could still perform
those functions I.e., the "V" keystroke could toggle between "Standard"
--- "vi keys on" and between "emacs keys on" --- "vi and emacs keys on"
and similarly for the "M" keystroke. Or, if this wasn't a big deal, it
would "free up" a keystroke on the options screen.

   Since I haven't gone back and looked at the new options screen to
determine how this would work and whether it would help, I admit I'm
unsure of whether this would really save space on that screen.

Joseph Kincaid                 |  Mathematics is the alphabet with which God
address@hidden   |  has written the universe. -- Galileo
KSU - Mathematics Department   |   (except he said it in Italian, of course.)

;
;