Re: LYNX-DEV multiple bookmark support and popup/radion_button in 'o'pti

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV multiple bookmark support and popup/radion_button in 'o'ptions. 0.09
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 17:46:24 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> Ok, I found this bug.  Fote's code uses the more efficient switch/case
> structure, and the bug is right here in assuming that the enter key will
> return a code 13.  On Linux it's sending a line feed (10) which makes the
> array out of bounds and crashes the StrAllocCopy.  I would assume that
> this is why Enter on HP-UX is saying undefined bookmark on Enter.  The fix
> is simply to add a case 10: with the case 13:.  I'm gonna have a look at
> fixing one other little problem before I package it up and put it in the
> composite...  Fote's working on things this afternoon as well (not sure if
> he even got any turkey :) ), so I may try to coordinate with him before
> releasing the composite.  Will keep you posted...

Ok, I guess I should amend this statement... The example you showed was
from select_menu_multi_bookmarks... In this case the desired behavior was
not being accomplished due to the LF instead of CR, but no crash due to a
check at the end to see if c was out of bounds...  The place that *I* was
talking about was in select_multi_bookmarks where there was no check and
there when the array was out of bounds, boom.  Adding a check for c == 10
to both places fixes things, but there probably should still be a check in
select_multi_bookmarks just in case some other unknown character is
entered and makes the index out of bounds again...