Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UW 2.03 - Executable problems.
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 23:08:28 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Thanh Ma wrote:

> Never use ucb stuff. Unless you can access to /usr/bin/cc, I think you
> should give up the idea of compiling lynx (or any other softwares).

 What's interesting is that I grabbed Slang 99-36 from space.mit.edu and
after I typed 'sh ./configure', it found the CC at usr/bin/cc and then
compiled with no problem. When I try to install it, I recieve a
"permission denied" error since the CC is trying to install it in usr/bin
which is off limits to GIANT's users. That shoud be easy to fix just by
changing the installation Path to my Home directory.

Maybe that's why Lynx won't compile as well. Also, on a whim I typed
"uname" at the unix prompt and received "UNIX_V" in response.

I'm going to attempt to make Lynx2-6 under "svr4" or "sco" and see what
happens. I also grabbed the autoconf. files just in case. If this fails,
then it's time to bug the SysAdm's and ask them what is the "nature of
the beast".

What a wonderful ThanksGiving day! =}

To get an idea of what I'm working with, GIANT has a WWW site at
"www.giant.net" that lists it's certifications and specs. I'm not as much
as a computer guru as I used to be, but it did give me some ideas.

I'll let you know the results of my "trial and error" spree.

Thanks, and Happy ThanksGiving!

** Jason Sizemore "Psycho Sy" **
Http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/9480
E-mail: address@hidden OR address@hidden

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

;
;