Re: LYNX-DEV ANNOUNCE: lynx2.6 chartrans

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ANNOUNCE: lynx2.6 chartrans
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 18:05:15 +0100 (MET)

Klaus Weide wrote:

>   The code is available from

Wow! I hope I'll have time next week to see what you've done. I hope to finish
my assignments in a day or two and since my immediate superior goes to
honeyweek, I'll have 3 or 4 days free. My current problem is Solaris 2.6,
the beast will have 64-bit pointers, but 32-bit longs. I don't know if
it's relevant to Lynx, but if it is, there is time untill May next year to
prepare things.

> Output of raw UTF8 (needs of course a termina which understands it)
> seems to work better, but not perfect, with Slang.  This is a problem
> beyond Lynx, a curses replacement which understands multibyte characters
> properly would be needed to avoid putting characters in the wrong screen
> position. (Does anyone know of such a beast?)

I think native curses on Solaris can. I'll check.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden
address@hidden