Re: LYNX-DEV ANNOUNCE: lynx2.6 chartrans

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ANNOUNCE: lynx2.6 chartrans
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 15:37:37 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Klaus Weide wrote:

> A small update:
>
> I have tweaked the patch file so that it works against the latest
> Composite Patches set (with CHANGES date 11-28-96).  In other words,
> you can have the Multiple Bookmarks (which Hiram has now added to the
> CP) together with my chartrans mods.

Sorry, Klaus... :)  I wanted to get the rest of the stuff besides the
multi-bookmarks in the composite because there were a couple of important
things in there, and I wanted to have multi-bookmarks that worked, so I
fixed what I could and got it out... :)

> (I have compiled successfully with the latest CP including Mult. Bookmarks,
> but haven't tried the Bookmarks yet.  But it's right there on the Options
> Screen waiting to be enabled..)

They're nice especially now that they work like they're supposed to. :)
You're gonna hate Fote and me soon, though... :)  He's done major
modifications on the multi-bookmarks to address some security issues, but
wasn't able to get to the unix box to zip up the mods, so... as soon as he
can, there will probably be another update to the composite.

Filip, just wondering if you've looked at the changes I made...  Fote's
redone the portion where I fixed the crash, so that won't be the same at
all, but the section with the screen shift is the same, and I did the
whole thing without the if structure you had in there.