Re: LYNX-DEV colored lynx

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV colored lynx
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 16:42:07 -0700

Duncan Hill noted some problems with using the various color commands from HTML
in colorized Lynx, but I think it might still be valuable. I agree that it would
HAVE to be an option that can be turned on and off. Hey, even Netscape has
that option.

There would also need to be some sort of translation from HTML specifiable
colors to lynx displayable colors, and what to do when two colors map to the
same lynx color, but those are implementation details. First we would need to
decide if it is worth doing, and if someone wants to do it.

I tend to think that it would add a lot to the impression that lynx is
indeed a state of the art browser.

Scott

;
;