LYNX-DEV chartrans - latin 2 character entities

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV chartrans - latin 2 character entities
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 22:25:39 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Drazen Kacar wrote:
> Klaus Weide wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Drazen Kacar wrote:
> >
> > I don't think they are defined in any of the more-or-less "official"
> > versions of HTML.  However, the HTML Pro DTD refers to:
> >
> > <!ENTITY % ISOlat2   PUBLIC "ISO 8879-1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 2//EN"
> >                --<Title>Latin-2 more accented characters--
> >                 >

> > Locating that as a file would help, but I leave that task to someone else...
>
> If you pick up the complete .tar.gz, you'll find it there, I think.

I found a version, at <URL: ftp://ftp.ifi.uio.no/pub/SGML/ENTITIES>.

But the file ISOlat2 there isn't exactly helpful, it has only lines
of the form

<!ENTITY aogon  SDATA "[aogon ]"--=small a, ogonek-->
<!ENTITY Aogon  SDATA "[Aogon ]"--=capital A, ogonek-->
etc.

Ok, so now I know that &aogon; is defined in terms of [aogon ].  Duh.

Maybe it's better anyway to wait till more browsers support these
additional entities.

  Klaus

;
;