Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg VIEWER entry which crashes lynx

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx.cfg VIEWER entry which crashes lynx
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 09:23:10 +0100 (MET)

Nelson Henry Eric wrote:
> In my futile attempts to view a compressed text file via most in
> lynx, I hit upon a way to crash lynx.  Using lynx2-6 with the
> 11/24 composite, slang0.99-34,  compiled with gcc-2.7.2 on sunos4.1.3.
> Don't know if it's interesting or not.  Particulars below.  __Henry
>
> With the entry in lynx.cfg:
>
> VIEWER:text/x-compressed:/usr/bin/gzip %s > ~/%s | /home/.most/most ~/%s

I think this should be

VIEWER:text/x-compressed:/usr/bin/gzip -d -q -c %s | /home/.most/most

I don't know if most needs a flag to tell it the input is coming on stdin.
If it does, just add it at the end of a line. But probably not.

> Hitting return on the link to `file://localhost/home/0tmpat/9602.arc.gz',
>
> The trace looks like:

[...]
> HTFormat: Constructing stream stack for text/x-compressed to www/present
> StreamStack: found weak wildcard match: www/present
> StreamStack: found exact match: text/x-compressed

There should be more of it... The end of the trace output is important, not
the beginning.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden