LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6

From: kwfjndpw
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 01:00:30 -0600 (CST)

I'm an avid user of Lynx, even though I can always
use PPP and Netscape, if I want.

However I can't do with Lynx 2.6 what is possible
to do with release 2.4.  Here are two features in
Lynx 2.4 that are not upwardly compatible to release
2.6.

- Linx 2.6 does not remember the last "goto" URL.
  With release 2.4, the "g" command brings up the
  last URL accessed with the "g" command.  With
  release 2.6, the line is always blank after
  entering the "g" command.

- With Lynx 2.4, the following URL always works
  with the "g" command.  It resolves to the current
  working directory from which Lynx was invoked.

         file:

  With release 2.6, this URL produces an error.

For the above two reasons, I always use release
2.4 of Lynx instead of release 2.6.  When these
two problems are fixed, I'll start to use the new
release.

I still love the product, however, and am very
happy with release 2.4.

address@hidden
;
;