Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2.6 under IRIX with large tables

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2.6 under IRIX with large tables
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 12:51:19 +0000 (GMT)

Mike Brudenell wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm Mike Brudenell, a Systems Programmer in the Computing Service at the
> University of York in the UK.
>
> I've just been compiling up the latest (2.6) version of Lynx to replace
> our aging 2.4.2 version with and encountered what seems to be a bug.
>
> After compiling a vanilla Lynx 2.6 and then attempting to access one of
> our pages which contains quite a large table Lynx crashes out with a
> SIGBUS signal.

Hmm.  I just used the Nov28 version of my distribution (Plain2.6+Hiram's
composite as of Nov28+my styles patch for ncurses) and that works fine.
Try compiling a version with Hiram's composite patch - that fixes quite
a few things.

You can get a full distribution from
--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden