LYNX-DEV More v2.6 bug fixes and enhancement

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV More v2.6 bug fixes and enhancement
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 19:35:38 -0500 (EST)

        I did some more, substantive, bug fixes and enhancements, if
people want to play around with them:

12-02-96
* Show nntp server status messages in group listings when not 221 (normal
  reply to HEAD request), so the user will know that the articles are
  not available from the server, rather than a bug in Lynx. - FM
* Tweaks of BASE resolving. - FM
* Added "trick" to send hostname guesses to stdout when the startfile or
  homepage are not URLs, as we send to the statusline for 'g'oto guesses
  (but don't use stdout if we are not interactive and the desired output
  is going to stdout).  If the DNS lookup stalls, one thus can Control-C
  out, instead of wondering why Lynx is taking so long to start up. - FM
* Cleaned up the read_rc() and save_rc() functions in LYrcFile.c. - FM
* Eliminated all printw() calls to avoid problems with non-ASCII and/or
  multibyte/CJK characters. - FM
* Numerous additional bug fixes and enhancements of the multiple bookmark
  file support. - FM
* Got rid of the ADVANCED_MULTI_BOOKMARKS symbol now that the choice can
  be make in the 'o'ptions menu and saved in the .lynxrc file. - FM

                                Fote