Re: LYNX-DEV feature-requests

From: ELCHONON EDELSON
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV feature-requests
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 22:01:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:

[SNIP SNIP]
> > probable bugs:
> >   -  sometimes , when i return to my bookmarks-page with the "back"-key
> >         the bookmark-page appears in source-mode.
>
> Hmmm, never heard of or seen this one before.  What version of lynx are
> you using?

I've noticed this problem being mentioned several times before.

Probable cause is the bookmark file not having a .html extension,
so that when if gets dropped from the memory-cache and has to be
re-rendered, it gets rendered as text/plain instead of text/html

>    | Hiram W. Lester, Jr.               | E-Mail: address@hidden    |
Good man. Lynx is great, my eternal <and rarely mentioned>
thanks to everyone who works on it.

--Elchonon             0 0
|Elchonon Edelson      \_/                    <address@hidden> |
| Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. |