LYNX-DEV adding VIEWER entry to Lynx FAQ

From: Joe Kincaid
Subject: LYNX-DEV adding VIEWER entry to Lynx FAQ
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 23:24:36 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > Some warning text in lynx.cfg might be in order..
>
> Yes, I'd do it myself, but with my knowledge of unix, I'd certainly
> get it wrong.  One of these days I'll write up my experiences for
> Joe 'n' Scott's FAQ.  __Henry

Two cents here: I certainly encourage you to write this up for the FAQ.
However, if you like, an alternative would be to record the relevant facts
in a document, send it to me, and I will rewrite it in Q/A format with
hyperlinks noted. After you proofread my revision, it will go on to Scott
who would HTMLize the document and add it to the FAQ.

I realize that I can do this now from the current thread of e-mail, but
it would be better for the effort if each of us got into the habit of
adding trouble shooting information when it came up. Also, a lot of the
information will be outside of my realm of experience, so it would be
likely that I would get something wrong in one of these areas if left to
myself.

I still _can_ do this from the current thread, though, if for some reason
you won't have time/energy/opportunity to get it done.

Joe
------
Joseph Kincaid                 |  Mathematics is the alphabet with which God
address@hidden   |  has written the universe. -- Galileo
KSU - Mathematics Department   |   (except he said it in Italian, of course.)

;
;