Re: LYNX-DEV Won't find or include "slang.h" and "slcurses.h"

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Won't find or include "slang.h" and "slcurses.h"
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 05:21:18 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> You don't say which target in the Makefile you are trying to use to build.
> If it it one of the -slang targets, it may be a problem in the makefile
> with not including the -I information in the call to the sub makefiles.  I
> think I seem to remember having this problem when I was building with a
> personal copy of slang.  If you are using a non-slang target, you will
> DEFINITELY have to add the -I info in the Makefile target.  What are you
> typing to make lynx?

Hiram, Thanks for the reply. I just recalled something Larry Virden told
me a while back and I added the following line in to the Makefile:

                     -I/home/Titus/bin/include

When this was added, the error was fixed. But, when I ran "make
unixware-slang", these badboys popped up:

make unixware-slang
cd WWW/Library/svr4; make LYFLAGS="-DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE \
-DDIRED_SUPPORT -DLONG_LIST  "
UX:make: INFO: `../../Library/svr4/libwww.a' is up to date.
cd src; make all CC="cc" MCFLAGS="-O -DUNIX -DUSE_SLANG \
-DCURS_PERFORMANCE \
-I.. -I/home/Titus/bin/include -I../WWW/Library/Implementation \
                -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DSVR4 -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 \
-DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP
-DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT  " \
LIBS="-lsocket -lnsl \
  " \
WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/svr4/libwww.a" \
SLANGLIB=" -lslang -lm" SLANGINC=""
Compiling Lynx sources
cc -O -DUNIX -DUSE_SLANG -DCURS_PERFORMANCE -I.. -I/home/Titus/bin/include
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation                 -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DSVR4
-DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 -DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP
-DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVE

RRIDE -DOK_PERMIT   -I..  -c LYUtils.c
UX:acomp: ERROR: "LYUtils.c", line 1196: incomplete struct/union/enum ttysize:
win
UX:acomp: ERROR: "LYUtils.c", line 1205: undefined struct/union member: ts_lines
UX:acomp: WARNING: "LYUtils.c", line 1207: improper member use: ts_lines
UX:acomp: ERROR: "LYUtils.c", line 1212: undefined struct/union member: ts_cols
UX:acomp: WARNING: "LYUtils.c", line 1213: improper member use: ts_cols
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.
$

 Any ideas on how to fix this one? This is an interesting one...

** Jason Sizemore "Psycho Sy" **
Http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/9480
E-mail: address@hidden OR address@hidden

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

;
;