Re: LYNX-DEV bookmarks

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bookmarks
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 04:57:39 -0800

It would, I suppose, be possible for the parser to note what
types of things the "site" (bookmark file) used, and remember
them.  Then when the user tried to do something bad (eg 'r'emove)
you say, "Nope -- too dangerous", or "Are you sure -- do it
wrong and you will destroy your file."

NB: I have never used this set of editing commands, and have
only simple bookmark-files, so I don't know what I am talking
about, really.  I just saw the post (below) and was thinking
that if the situation was that bad, something should be
done to warn or forbid the user from screwing himself.