Re: LYNX-DEV key maps

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV key maps
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 12:48:04 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> Is there a way to map the keys?  For example, the function ACTIVATE is
> bound to both RETURN and RIGHTARROW.  I would like to replace the
> definition of RIGHTARROW with goto next document (i.e. invers of
> LEFTARROW or PREV_DOC function).  I couldn't find a way to do it.
>
> Also, is there a NEXT_DOC function at all?

The keymap is handled in lynx.cfg.  Take a look at lynx.cfg for
information on mapping keys.  And, no, there isn't a Forward document
function because the history list in Lynx is not circular like in "those
other browsers". :)  There has been some discussion about making the
history list be circular and maintain links until you select a new path,
but noone has implemented it yet.

Speaking of which, does anybody have any idea for a good default key
mapping for such a function if it were implemented?  This might be one of
several projects that I plan to at least look over during the Christmas
break...