LYNX-DEV Colored lynx and non-colored displays

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Colored lynx and non-colored displays
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 12:20:23 -0700

I was about to install my new colored version of Lynx as the system default
version, but thought I should test it on an Xterm first. Good thing I did.
With the colored version (slang) on an XTerm, you can't tell which link is
selected. It manages to do bold on the status bar, but no highlighting at all
on links (either the selected link or other links).

Is there a way to convince it to not use color on an Xterm, but to do so
on an rxvt? Even if I have to set a default in the system lynx.cfg to not
use color, and then override it in my .lynxrc? If not that, can I get it to
highlight the selected link some other way?

Thanks

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,