Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Gimmie a Cookie

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Gimmie a Cookie
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 05:17:19 +0100 (MET)

Andrew Kuchling wrote:
>       I don't think you need to parse through the file on every
> access?  Cookies are only handed out to a server if the hostname meets
> the right conditions, so this reparsing need only be done when the

Cookies are sent if URL meets conditions. Domain can be specified (with
certain restrictions, defaults to server host only) and path prefix can
be specified. If two host names have the same IP address, those are
still two different hosts as far as cookies are concerned.

> hostname changes; as long as the hostname is the same, Lynx can keep a
> working set of cookies for that server.

Can be put into a list.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.