LYNX-DEV Please clarify...

From: Julian Rodriguez
Subject: LYNX-DEV Please clarify...
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 02:07:08 -0600 (CST)

1) What is the difference between Hiram's composite patch and Fote's
personal mods?

2) Where would one go if one wanted to get the SSL hooks?

3) Could Rob either update the stand-alone character patch so that it
supports slang (like the composite+character patch does), or update the
composite+character-patch so that it reflects the newest composite patch?

4) I would like to know which patches are "canon," (I assume the composite
patch is, although I thought the original purpose of the composite patch
was to combine all the *bug fix* patches.)  Which patches are "bug-fix",
which are developmental, and which are tweaks and enhancements?  For
example, is the multi-bookmark support now part of the standard lynx code
set (again assuming the composite patch is "canon"), or do I still need to
go to Fillip's page?

5) Is lynx26-rp still the de facto developmental version of lynx?  I saw
Fote mention lynx26-kw for Klaus's character patch code, but as that
hasn't surfaced publicly, I'm guessing Rob is still in charge.  Are
*you* (I'm using Klaus' "you") gonna finish the tweaks of existing
enhancements to the lynx code (character styles, multi-bookmarks, snews,
etc.) and call it lynx2-7?

6) Assuming lynx2-7 appears, will Fote return from his vacation to lead
the next developmental code?

Just wondering,
Julian Rodriguez

;