Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx binary distribution

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx binary distribution
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 17:29:01 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Jason Baker wrote:

:Also, /exactly/ which should we be trying to synchronize with?  -rp?
:-u?  I have to admit, I didn't pay all that much attention to which
:set of patches does what (or comes from where) as stock 2.6 did everything
:we need here.

I think we should try to keep the binary distribution to stable release
versions, if possible the essential bug fixes as well.  I don't anticipate
updating binaries every week or so in my own FTP area.  I've actually set
up two pages:

http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/binaries.html
http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/sources.html

which contain some information on how I plan to go about doing this.  Any
suggestions will be appreciated.

PS.  Anyone who is providing Lynx sources or binaries should check to see
if they're listed on those pages.  I've taken out the list of sites that
provide Lynx sources from the top page and just linked to those two
smaller pages.

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/

;
;