LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 21:20:44 -0800 (PST)

Ok,

So we seem to have the following resources available for the distribution
and collection of binaries:

Subir Grewal <address@hidden>
5MB of ftp space at ftp://ftp.crl.com/users/su/subir/ and an offer to
serve as co-ordinator for the distribution effort.

David Drum <address@hidden>
Offer to provide space for the binary distribution effort.

Duncan Hill <address@hidden>
Offer to provide space for the binary distribution effort.

Jason Baker <address@hidden>
Binaries for DG/UX 4.11 (Motorola and Intel)

Christopher Maden <address@hidden>
Binaries for Solaris2

Michael Richardson <address@hidden>
Binaires and possibly space

Hiram Lester <address@hidden>
HP-Ux 9.* and Linux? binaries

Which seems like a good start.  I can contribute an Ultrix binary for sure
and possibly for VAX/VMS and Digital Unix.  I plan to have two different
"categories" for binary distribution.  Binaries of stable release versions
which will be archived at all sites taking part in the "Lynx Binary
Distribution Initiative" (since LEPI is gone, I need a weird ancronym
don't I :~) and binaries of developmental code which individuals may
choose to make available.  The latter will not be mirrored, only a link
will be maintained to the contributor's own site.

So how does this sound to everyone?  I'm going to palce another 2.6 binary
(ultrix this time) in my ftp space to get things going.  Then I can
begin making more.  Those who want to contribute binaries of 2.6 (or 2.6 +
bug fixes) should send me mail at <address@hidden> so we can
talk about that.

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
A psychiatrist is a person who will give you expensive answers that
your wife will give you for free.

;
;