Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 09:32:39 -0500

  I still think we need a bit more than just the binaries.

  We could really distribute "lynx.exe" and build a shell script
called "lynx" which gives the -cfg=foo option, with the directory
specified by the user.

  In that case, everything but lynx.exe is common.
  I think we should have some way for the user to know who built that
particular binary... a URL built into the binary from userdefs.h.
  We also need to document what was done in userdefs.h.

  If Subir wants to add the documentation, I'm happy to hit the tar
button.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network security consulting and
   Michael Richardson |      contract programming
 WWW: <A
HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html";>address@hidden</A>.
 PGP key available.
;