Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2.6 under IRIX with large tables

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2.6 under IRIX with large tables
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 20:31:52 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> >If you wouldn't mind, it would be very helpful.  It may be that Fote fixed
> >in his recent modifications, but maybe not...  It's been my experience in
> >working with a variety of unices, that different ones handle errors
> >differently (i.e. strcmp with a null pointer on HPUX being ignored and
> >causing a coredump on Linux), so it may indeed be a problem that most OS's
> >are handling gracefully, but should really be fixed...
>
>       You've already added my simple fix to the Composite.  The current
> mods zip has improvements on that, as indicated in my post of yesterday's
> mods.

Right, maybe my first message wasn't clear. (I have a problem with that
sometimes... *grin*)  I was saying there might still be problems with the
simple ignore fix in the current composite and that the problem may be
gone in your current mods in that area, or it might not.  If it's gone,
then all is well... If we get a trace and find that whatever caused it is
still in your current mods, then they can get fixed and improve it even
more.