Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.

From: Michael Richardson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Binary distribution: an evaluation.
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 22:52:45 -0500

    Subir> with the binary may be a good idea as would userdefs.h.  I
    Subir> was going by how things were done at Kansas and following
    Subir> that rule.  I've never changed userdefs.h anyway, and I
    Subir> generally don't have to change the Makefile either (yes,
    Subir> Ultrix compiles out of the box).

  Hmm. I usually do edit userdefs.h.
  I wish I didn't have to.

    Subir> I mostly thought of the binary distribution as something
    Subir> that a user would go for.  Someone who was on an ISP
    Subir> unwilling to upgrade (as mine is) and who really didn't
    Subir> want to go through the trouble of compiling the executable.

  Right, so it should look for lynx.cfg in the current directory among
other places.

   :!mcr!:            |  Network security consulting and
   Michael Richardson |      contract programming
 WWW: <A
HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html";>address@hidden</A>.
 PGP key available.
;