Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in lynx2.6.2 ???

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in lynx2.6.2 ???
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 12:55:20 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> Found a bug in latest version of lynx (lynx2.6.2) ???

No, you found a bug in IITK's page.

(What is Lynx2.6.2?  I only know of Lynx2.6.  Your mail headers also
indicate that you are using Lynx2.6.)

> When I access "http://yamuna.iitk.ernet.in/"; or
> "http://202.141.40.4/"; , it gives a blank page.
>
> This problem is not with any of the other version
> previous to this.

Consult the Lynx Users Guide for the meaning of the ' and ` keys.

But better not use the old version of the Lynx Users Guide from 1994
that is on IITK's pages, you will not find it there.

> This is the only site which causes such problem.

You have that right, it is the site causing the problem...
But it seems you are mailing from their domain - ask them to
fix the broken comments on that page.  The C)omment command of
Lynx still works from that page...

Heh, one would expect a site with statistics like the following
to pay attention to Lynx Users' needs:

#reqs: browser
-----  -------
19136: Lynx