Re: LYNX-DEV Re: FAQ update

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: FAQ update
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 22:26:56 -0500

> This imagery [split the universe at the HText] appeals to me but
> is utterly inappropriate to the novice.  They need Tutorial and
> Diagnostic views that one visits lightly, and that are sorted
> on the basis of the surface symptoms that the naive user can grasp.

My dream interface for a novice would have the novice select from
a variety of high level possible areas of asking questions, refining
as they move along until they hit the answers we have.  If they get to
an other which has no answer, that page would allow them to enter their
question, send it along to the FAQ keepers, then do a concept search
against all Lynx doc and, if no hits result, then do a concept search
against all lynx-users messages and finally against all lynx-dev messages.

Perhaps each page of links would also have a place where the user could
indicate that a particular message or file helped them resolve their
problem - giving the faq maintainer assistance in writing an answer.
;