LYNX-DEV Update on SSL and Lynx

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Update on SSL and Lynx
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 20:18:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi people,

I'd appreciate an update on the status of SSL capability for Lynx.  I know
we spoke a few weeks ago about the possibility of hosting Tom's patch in
Canada, and there was a brief discussion between Fote and Tom to
synchronise SSL capability.  Since I haven't been able to build 2.6 +
composite on the three OSs I have access to (two SunOS 4.1.3s, an Ultrix
system and a VAX-VMS) I don't know whether SSL is in the composite, I
think not, though I recollect something flying past me that suggested Fote
had put up a SSL-capable binary at WFBR.  So what exactly is the situation
right now?  I know Tom is still working on finding a safe home for the
proxy code, and clarifying the legal issues.  I added a little section to
the patches page saying the SSL patch itself had been withdrawn and Tom
was advocating the proxy solution (which seems very elegant to me as
well), but nothing further.  I have recieved enquiries over the past week
though.

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
Real Time, adj.:
        Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only occurs there
and then.

;
;