LYNX-DEV Simple Lynx Access

From: Wilhelm Reindl
Subject: LYNX-DEV Simple Lynx Access
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 15:26:00 -0600 (CST)

I'm browsing the web with a 286 dialup connection, not glamorous, yet
effective.  The sysop here is not interested in installing Lynx on this
server (IRIX 5.3) just for me, and I'm totally inept on the UNIX
platform, not because I'm a complete idiot, I just don't know the system
too well.

I looked into the public sites and the don't seem to support important
functions such as bookmarks.  I don't know if they download either.

Should I go to the DOS version and make a TCP/IP dialup connection
instead?  I just wanted to avoid having to immediately dump
the files I grab down the phone lines, but as you can tell by my archaic
computer,  I can deal with a bit  of clumsiness if  necessary.
;
;