Re: LYNX-DEV remaining cmd-keys (WAS History disappears ...)

From: ELCHONON EDELSON
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV remaining cmd-keys (WAS History disappears ...)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 20:53:38 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> Hmm, I don't know if it would add _huge_ core.
>
> The library is around 200k and typically one doesn't need all of that.
> The runtime needs depend on what code is developed.  Seeing as lynx, at
> least here, is a binary over 1 meg, that's around 20%.  And, in theory,
> one could take a lot of lynx now and rewrite it to be tcl commands,
> making the size differential much smaller.
> --
> Larry W. Virden                 INET: address@hidden

Small size difference, perhaps. but rewriting any noticeable
amount of the current lynx code as tcl would probably slow
lynx down rather a lot.

--Elchonon             0 0
|Elchonon Edelson      \_/                    <address@hidden> |
| Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance. |