LYNX-DEV LOCAL_DOMAIN Syntax Error

From: Wilhelm Reindl
Subject: LYNX-DEV LOCAL_DOMAIN Syntax Error
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 10:01:56 -0600 (CST)

I'm back to trying to compile lynx for my personal dialup web browser.
[ I assume that I can do that in my UNIX account without actually setting
up a 'site.']  Unfortunately, I have to deal with the parts of the
program that aren't necessary for me.

On compiling I get hung up on one in particular (probably just the first
:} ) I simply uncommented the following "erroneous" line in userdefs.h and
changed the text in the quotes.

mariah% make generic
You must first compile the WWW library in WWW/Library
        cd WWW/Library/unix; make LYFLAGS="-DDIRED_SUPPORT -DLONG_LIST  "
        cc -c -o ../../Library/unix/HTTelnet.o -O -DDEBUG -DDIRED_SUPPORT -DLONG
_LIST    -I../../Library/Implementation/ -DXMOSAIC_HACK -DACCESS_AUTH  ../../Lib
rary/Implementation/HTTelnet.c
cfe: Error: ../../Library/Implementation/../../../userdefs.h, line 457: Syntax E
rror
 define LOCAL_DOMAIN "tc.umn.edu"
 -------^
*** Error code 1 (bu21)