Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Page that makes Lynx crash

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Page that makes Lynx crash
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 18:00:39 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
>I was also trying to figure out haw to prevent that.  Then luckily I was
>wise enough to first check your CHANGES file...
>
>So did you make <OPTION> SGML_MIXED or SGML_RCDATA ?  :)

        You can't declare them as containers, or the stack will force
substitutions, making matters worse (beyond the bad HTML that includes
markup besides OPTION tags in the SELECT block).  It was crashing in
highlight() on a NULL pointer that should never be NULL, so I just
added code to check that it isn't, instead of just assuming that it
won't be.

                                Fote