Re: LYNX-DEV Lynxprog restrictions?

From: Roger Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynxprog restrictions?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 19:43:17 -0400 (GMT-0400)

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Roger Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Am I missing something? I HAVE read the docs, userdefs and lynx.cfg.
>
>       It's restricted to jumps files if you set the trusted path
> to none, or to that and files from trusted paths if you define them,
> or to file://localhost/ paths if you set that, or utterly unrestricted
> if you set that.  Since you've read lynx.cfg, which explains all that,
> perhaps you should be more specific about what you put in lynx.cfg
> and how you have executions set in the 'o'ptions menu.

Ok here we go:
Lynx.cfg

LOCAL_EXECUTION_LINKS_ALWAYS_ON:FALSE
LOCAL_EXECUTION_LINKS_ON_BUT_NOT_REMOTE:TRUE

# If LOCAL_EXECUTION_LINK_ON_BUT_NOT_REMOTE is TRUE, and no TRUSTED_EXEC
# rule is defined, it defaults to "file://localhost/" and any lynxexec
# or lynxprog command will be permitted if it was referenced with a URL
# beginning with that string.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I do not understand this:
do this mean lynxprog:file://localhost/... ??

  If you wish to restrict the referencing
URL's
# further, you can extend the string to include a trusted path.  You also
can
# specify a trusted directory for http URL's, which will then be treated
as
# if they were local rather than remote.  For example:
#
#       TRUSTED_EXEC:file://localhost/trusted/
#       TRUSTED_EXEC:http://www.wfbr.edu/trusted/
#
TRUSTED_EXEC:file://localhost/home/rhill/boats/

Again I read that to mean that TRUSTED_EXEC applies to file: and http:
URL's, not lynxprog:.

          Options Menu (Lynx Version 2.6)

     E)ditor                      : jed
     D)ISPLAY variable            : NONE
     mu(L)ti-bookmarks: ADVANCED  review/edit B)ookmarks files
     F)TP sort criteria           : By Filename
     P)ersonal mail address       : address@hidden
     S)earching type              : CASE INSENSITIVE
     display (C)haracter set      : ISO Latin 1
     Raw 8-bit or CJK m(O)de      : ON
     preferred document lan(G)uage: en
     preferred document c(H)arset : NONE
     V)I keys: OFF    e(M)acs keys: OFF     sho(W) dot files: ON
     popups for selec(T) fields   : ON
     K)eypad mode                 : Numbers act as arrows
     li(N)e edit style            : Default Binding
     l(I)st directory style       : Mixed style
     U)ser mode                   : Advanced
     user (A)gent                 : Lynx/2.6  libwww-FM/2.14
     local e(X)ecution links      : FOR LOCAL FILES ONLY

So, what am I missing?