LYNX-DEV ssl patches for lynx?

From: Aaron Howell
Subject: LYNX-DEV ssl patches for lynx?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 04:00:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi there.
I'm in the rather unfortunate position of having a university who
insists on only providing ssl access to such facilities as their
datawarehouse, and centralized password changer. Unfortunately, being
blind and not having ready access to a windoze machine, use of
netscape/msie is out.
I know there's patches for lynx to make it ssl complient out there, but
I don't seem to be able to find them.
If anyone could be so kind as to pop a copy of them my way, or perhaps a
proxy server that supports decoding of ssl urls (I've hard something
about there being one of those somewhere too), I would be forever in
your debt as this is getting rather urgent, that is, I would kinda like
to be able to get my marks sometime soon.
Thanks hugely for any help, please reply to me, not to the list. I'm not
on the list, these two just seemed like the places I might be most
likely to get help.
Ta in advance,
Regards
Aaron