Re: LYNX-DEV Lynxprog restrictions?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynxprog restrictions?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:27:55 -0500 (EST)

  From: Roger Hill <address@hidden>

  > ># beginning with that string.
  > >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I do not understand this:
  > >do this mean lynxprog:file://localhost/... ??
  >

  >     No, the execution link should just have the command following
  > the scheme, e.g,  <A HREF="lynxprog:pine">mail</A>
  > but that must be in a file obtained via a file://localhost URL.

  AHAAAA!  NOW I understand...put this in lynx.cfg please. (Hiram, Fote?) Or
  the FAQ. This one *really* had me stumped.

1.  The rapid-prototype [alias pseudo] FAQ now has
[...]
PS: S'more semi-interesting starting points

     * What determines [29]restrictions on lynxprog URLs
[...]
  29. http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1296/msg00367.html

2.  This is no replacement for an organized "Guide to Lynx
security features and anonymous use."  This is a subject that
calls for a systematic development (as opposed to a FAQ-format
document) and it needs to be done by SysOps or what I call Lynx
Operators -- not developers, in the main.

Al Gilman
;
;